WAMS Announces Summer School 2014 Sessions!
The weather’s heating up, the beaches are getting crowded, that familiar itch to take a vacation keeps creeping up, so what does that mean?? It’s time for WAMS Summer School again!
Join WAMS for four weeks jammed packed with educational webinars on various technology topics designed to give you the basic and most important knowledge you need from an IT perspective to successfully do your job.
These four webinars will present critical technology information in an easy-to-understand and fun manner. Plus, you don’t even have to leave your desk to attend the webinars, and they’re FREE!
Attend all or just one, but if you attend all four webinars, you’ll automatically be entered to win a $250 travel voucher to scratch that vacation itch!!!
Session 1: The “Internet of Things” – How Interconnectivity & Universal Wireless Internet Will Drastically Transform the Way We Work and Live
The “Internet of Things” (IoT) is a fascinating evolution of technology and the Internet, as connections move beyond computing devices, and objects are capable of interacting with other objects – and it’s closer to reality than many people think!
In our houses, cars, offices, and factories, we’re surrounded by tiny, intelligent devices that capture data about how we live, how we work, and what we do. Now they are beginning to talk to one another, and soon we’ll be able to choreograph them to respond to our needs, solve our problems, improve business functions, even save our lives. From heart monitors to cars, this new “programmable world” will transform the way we live, work, play, and even breathe.
When: Thursday, July 24 at 11:00 AM
Session 2: What You Should Pay for IT Support
One of the most popular questions we get all the time is, “how much should I be spending on IT every month?” That’s why we’ve decided to add this incredibly valuable session to our Summer School webinars this year to explain the following:
- The 3 most common ways IT services companies charge for their services, and the pros and cons of each approach.
- A common billing model that puts all the risk on you when buying IT services; you’ll learn what it is and why you need to avoid agreeing to it.
- Exclusions, hidden fees and other “gotcha” clauses IT companies put in their contracts that you DON’T want to agree to.
- How to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting to avoid disappointment, frustration and added costs later on that you didn’t anticipate.
- 21 revealing questions to ask your IT support firm BEFORE giving them access to your computer network, e-mail and data.
When: Wednesday, July 30 at 11:00 AM
Session 3: The Top Security Threats to Firms & How to Avoid Them
With the recent Heartbleed and Cryptolocker scares this year, we couldn’t do a Summer School series without including security as one of the must-have topics. People oftentimes underestimate the true severity of these threats and think that “it won’t happen to me.”
You couldn’t be farther from the truth! In this webinar, we’ll be covering some of the top security threats we see today for firms, and more importantly, how to protect yourself from them! You can’t afford to miss this one!
When: Wednesday, August 6 at 11:00 AM
Session 4: From the Trenches – Live Interviews with People Using Cloud Today in their Office
For the first time ever, we’ve gathered together a group of people who are using cloud TODAY in their office and are putting them on this live webinar for you to learn firsthand from them…
- The details of exactly how they use Cloud Computing
- The challenges they faced in deciding to go to the Cloud and the benefits they see today
- How they navigated the waters to find a Cloud solution that worked for them
- Their firsthand advice and tips for you if you’re considering Cloud Computing
Join us live to hear interviews with these Cloud users and get the chance to ask them your own questions!
When: Thursday, August 14 at 11:00 AM
QUESTIONS?? Email Allison at email@example.com