A Brief History of the Bradford House in Placentia
The Bradford House is a historic house located in Placentia, California. The house was built in 1894 by George Bradford, a prominent businessman and early settler of Placentia. The house is significant for its role in the history of Placentia and for its Queen Anne-style architecture, which is rare in Southern California.
The Bradford House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 and is currently owned by the City of Placentia. The house is open to the public for tours and events.
George Bradford and his wife Emma were some of the first settlers of Placentia, arriving in the area in 1884. George Bradford was a successful businessman, operating a general store and serving as the first postmaster of Placentia. In 1894, he built the Bradford House on what is now Yorba Street.
The Bradford House is a two-story Victorian home with intricate Queen Anne-style architecture. The house features a wrap-around porch, bay windows, and decorative gingerbread trim. When it was built, the house was one of the largest and most elaborate homes in all of Orange County.
The Bradfords lived in the house until George's death in 1912. Emma continued to live there until her death in 1934. After that, the house changed hands several times before being purchased by the City of Placentia in 1977. The city has owned the property ever since and uses it for tours, events, and as a meeting place for community groups.
If you're interested in learning more about the history of Placentia or seeing an example of beautiful Queen Anne-style architecture, then be sure to check out the Bradford House! The house is open to the public for tours and events throughout the year.
Driving/Walking Directions From WAMS - IT Support & Managed IT Services Provider For Law Firms in Los Angeles from this POI
Driving Directions To The Next POI